- Use your fingers to combine flour, sugar, and butter into a uniform crumbly mixture.
- In the measuring cup, whisk together the egg and Amaretto. Add the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Then knead (with your hands) until smooth and shiny.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a floured counter toll the dough into a circle about 15-inches in diameter. Trim off rough edges. Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Remove the almond paste from the package. Cut into thin slices, like slices of salami. Arrange the slices on the dough, leaving a 1.5 inch border around the edge.
- Combine remaining flour sugar and butter with your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of this mixture on top of the sliced almond paste.
- Add Amaretto to the crumbly mixture and stir to combine. Add sliced almonds and combine. Sprinkle the almond crumb mixture evenly over the tart.
- Take any scraps of dough you trimmed and with your hands make thin logs, like long gummy worms. Arrange these end to end aruond the edge of the dough. Then roll the edges of the dough toward the center of the tart.
- Crimp the edge so that the edge holds its shape while baking.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the edges begin to turn golden brown, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes then transfer to a serving plate.
Andy Broder - KitchenThink