Yield 2 1/2 cups
- Preheat broiler with rack 3 inches from element. Toss the beans in the melted butter and broil until they begin to blister. Remove from oven and allow them to come to room temperature.
- When the beans are cool place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment process until you have a uniform mixture.
- If the mixture is too thick thin with a little water. For a richer hummus thin with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of minced peperoncini peppers
You can use canned cannellini beans as a substitute for butter beans. For a milder hummus use roasted red peppers instead of pepperoncinis.
Andy Broder - KitchenThink