Yield Makes 18
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk and eggs. Add the melted butter and salt and whisk to incorporate.
Add the flour and whisk to incorporate. Do not over-mix. Place batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While the batter chills, make any fillings and sauces.
- After batter has chilled preheat a small nonstick skillet or crèpe pan over medium heat. When the skillet is hot add 1 teaspoon butter and swirl to coat the pan.
- Ladle 1/4 cup batter into the center of the pan. Swirl the pan or use the bottom of the ladle to spread the batter into a thin pancake that covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the edge of the crèpe begins to turn golden brown and the bottom is set. Turn over and cook other side 20 to 30 seconds. Stack cooked crepes separated by a piece of wax paper.
Andy Broder - KitchenThink