Yield 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Heat a small covered casserole or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the 2 tablespoons oil and pork. Stir occasionally to brown the pork. This will take 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pork to a bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, Anaheim chili, jalapeño, and onion to the same casserole. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Return the pork to the casserole. Add the tomatillos, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and transfer to the preheated oven. Cook until pork is fork tender, about 2 hours. Check the pork avery 30 minutes and gently stir. As necessary add a half cup of water to keep it moist.
- Cool slightly, and shred with 2 forks, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
For a little extra lime flavor toss the juiced lime halves into the pot as well. Discard them before serving.
Andy Broder - KitchenThink