Yield 6 full-size servings, 15 sliders
- Mix together the ground beef, bacon, cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Knead just until the mixture holds together. Do not overwork.
- Form 6 patties. If making sliders form 15 patties.
- Preheat a large skillet on a medium high burner.
- Put the butter, wine, and ketchup into the skillet, and swirl around until the well mixed and sizzling.
- Add the burger patties. Cook for 1 minute then turn the burgers over.
- Cook covered for 4 minutes then turn over again.
- Cook uncovered until all excess liquid has evaporated and burgers are cooked through, about 4 - 5 minutes longer.
Andy Broder - KitchenThink