Yield 4 quesadillas
- Preheat a large griddle or a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine endive, chorizo, sweet chili sauce and peanuts.
- Set the tortillas on your work surface. Use half the cheese to cover 1/2 of each tortilla. Divide the endive mixture equally on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese. Fold the uncovered half of the tortilla over the covered half, like a book.
- Brush both sides of the folded tortilla with olive oil.
- Cook over medium heat until golden on both sides.* Cut into wedges to serve.
* After I turn the tortilla the first time I like to drizzle a few tablespoons of water onto the griddle, on the metal, not the quesadillas. Then I cover the quesadillas and lower the heat. After 3 or 4 minutes I remove the cover, and flip the quesadillas. The steam heats the fillings thoroughly, and keeps things moist. Another minute or two on each side gives me a crisp, flaky tortilla on the outside.
Andy Broder - KitchenThink